Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Apple Watch Calories & Step Count Correct in my App but off in Sharing

When I go into my fitness app, I see 44 calories & 632 steps. When my friends who I am sharing my data with look at me they see a way higher step count and calories burned. The only thing I can think of is that I got my dad and apple watch recently so maybe his steps & calories are combined with mine when I share my fitness data with others.

If that is the case, how can I make it so that I am separate from my dad's apple watch in terms of sharing?

Could there be anything else that causes this? I also feel like it is combining my data with his at the end of the day because when I look back at yesterday, I see 14k steps which I know I did not walk that many steps. It seems to update at the end of the day and adds in additional steps & calories?

If there is no way that my dad's apple watch data could be feeding into my fitness data, is there any other common things that could be causing my step and calories count to be so off when my friends view it in sharing?

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 10

Posted on May 23, 2024 8:12 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Watch Calories & Step Count Correct in my App but off in Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.