No audio on iPhone 13 after 17.5.1 Update

Recently I updated to 17.5.1 on iPhone 13. I made a video this morning with audio that recorded the video but plays no audio. I’ve tried everything. I rebooted my phone. I’ve checked the silent switch. And volume. I’ve tried different apps to look at the video and there is just no audio, point blank. I’ve even tried taking new video with anudio, and no matter what I do there is no audio. Volume is at its max. I tried from photos, from iMessage. It worked before the update. Now it doesn’t.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 23, 2024 9:28 AM

4 replies

May 23, 2024 9:44 AM in response to IcePoppyBlues

I had to do a hard reset the power multiple times to get this work. I should not have to do this multiple times. One would have thought that the restart after the update would have cleared things up. I also turned Do not disturb on and off, but that made no difference either. I’m pretty sure it was the power cycle that did the trick.

Jun 11, 2024 5:17 PM in response to trine241

Not sure if this will help. Did you go to Control Centre and then check the sound default. I noticed that iphone bluetooth tends to hang onto the last connection and does not change when source of iphone changes.

Have lodged a bug to Apple Feedback. Tends to happen with rings, noises or most other sound things in iphone (does not seem widespread across users).

No audio on iPhone 13 after 17.5.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.