Is it possible to make a purchase in an app not using the Face ID or double tap?

Can Iphone buy something wrong in the game without using face and double click? I was playing a game and it suddenly payed for an update and I didn’t clicked on buying anything. It didn’t use face or double click.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 23, 2024 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2024 11:42 AM

Is is possible that the app has Game Coins that can be used for items in the game. Many apps that use these game coins will allow you to "purchase" things for the game that will not result in a charge on your card, if you have earned enough coins, that would require the double click of the side button. It may have been that you had enough game coins to purchase the first golden pass, but after that you needed to purchase more game coins that would have to charge your card and require the double click of the side button.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2024 11:42 AM in response to Comi0103

Is is possible that the app has Game Coins that can be used for items in the game. Many apps that use these game coins will allow you to "purchase" things for the game that will not result in a charge on your card, if you have earned enough coins, that would require the double click of the side button. It may have been that you had enough game coins to purchase the first golden pass, but after that you needed to purchase more game coins that would have to charge your card and require the double click of the side button.

May 23, 2024 10:03 AM in response to Comi0103

Not through an in-app purchase, but if you provided payment details on the website used for the game, they can bill that payment method at any time. Many apps prefer to manage your purchases/subscriptions themselves on their website to avoid the normal Apple payment system that you referred to. Netflix and Youtube of 2 other examples of apps that will manage your subscription/purchase on their website.

If you can provide the name of the game, we may be able to offer more details and being able to see if other users experience the same problem with the company.

May 23, 2024 10:09 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

I was playing gardenscapes and I got som upadets for golden pass on the screen which I removed. Second after that I heard paying sound and It didn’t use face or double click. I tried to click on golden pass two more times and it payed with using both face and double click. Just the first time it payed for it without me clicking on it or using face and double click.

Is it possible to make a purchase in an app not using the Face ID or double tap?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.