Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Camera app missing - already searched previous posts

iPhone 13. iOS 17.4.1. Previously followed instructions to prevent camera from launching with swipe from home screen/lock screen. Apparently, this removed camera altogether. Don't tell me to search better, please. Camera does not appear in App Library at all. The only place it appears in Settings is Privacy&Security and shows that App Clips has requested access to Camera.

Greyed out camera icon now appears on lock screen and I've tried to follow the original instructions (for preventing camera launch from swipe) in reverse - no dice.

Those instructions were: Step 1 Go to "Settings > Screen Time > Continue." Step 2 Then, click and turn on "Content & Privacy Restrictions," and get into "Allowed Apps" to turn off "Camera."

And the line I did NOT see - "As a good and efficient method is, it will disable the camera from the lock screen. However, it will remove the camera from the home screen as well, and you can't use it any more."

So .. any guidance for reversing this and enabling camera? I went back to Content&Privacy Restrictions and turned on Camera. But the camera app is not available to me.

Posted on May 23, 2024 9:56 AM

4 replies

Camera app missing - already searched previous posts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.