Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How are iPhone users navigating new cars without Apple CarPlay?

How are iPhone users navigating new cars without Apple CarPlay? Tips for accessing messages & podcasts in a Google ecosystem?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 23, 2024 12:28 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2024 12:49 PM in response to MrsBaywatcher

What does Google have to do with anything? Are you saying your car has Android Auto but no CarPlay?

My last car did not have carplay. I got a dashboard mount for the phone and used Bluetooth. Siri can read messages, play podcasts, etc. If you have to interact with the phone too much to be safe while driving, pull over and do it.

There are 3rd party carplay displays available. I had one, and it worked fairly well. Because of how much space it took up, though in my tiny 2 seat convertible, and the fact that I didn’t like having a big honking piece of electronics exposed when I parked the car, I only used it on long road trips.

Traded that one in and bought a newer car with CarPlay in January. I have to say I’m now one of those people who won’t consider a vehicle without CarPlay in the future. Not unless something substantially better comes along at least.

How are iPhone users navigating new cars without Apple CarPlay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.