Why does my iPhone 14 Pro Max overheat in sunlight?

iPhone 14 max pro. I have auto brightness off under accessibility. I have true tone off. I have all of the recommended screen options set to not dim and my phone does not get hot. It happens the minute I am in sunlight. The phone is unusable outside. I have been through these forums and none of the suggestions work for me or I already have them set. I don't know what more I can do other than to stop buying iPhones and go to something else. This happened after some update months ago.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on May 23, 2024 12:43 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2024 1:09 PM in response to xflisa

is your iPhone becoming hot? This can cause this screen issues to occur. If they keep occurring and the iPhone is not turning hot please force restart it to see if the issues persist

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the side button.

May 23, 2024 1:10 PM in response to xflisa

You should always buy the device that best meets your needs. But all OLED screens will work the same way. Sunlight directly on the screen heats it, and iOS dims it to keep the screen temperature within a reasonable range. This will happen on any smartphone. The only real fix is to get a phone with an LCD display. And the screen may not actually be dimming; sunlight is thousands of times brighter than an LED screen, so the screen will appear to dim in direct sunlight as the iris in your eye closes down to compensate for the brightness of the sun.

Why does my iPhone 14 Pro Max overheat in sunlight?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.