Old text clippings open as blank files, and the text can't be copied and pasted in Notes, TextEdit, Word, etc.; but, the text is still visible in "Quick Look". How can I retrieve this text?

My old, pre-Sonoma text clippings open as blank windows with no text, and the text of these clippings can't be copied and pasted in Notes, TextEdit, Word, etc. The text of a clipping is still visible in "Quick Look". So, clearly it's still there, somehow or in some form. How can I retrieve the text of these old clippings for use in other applications?

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 23, 2024 1:37 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2024 8:34 AM in response to ret32

ret32 wrote:

My old, pre-Sonoma text clippings open as blank windows with no text, and the text of these clippings can't be copied and pasted in Notes, TextEdit, Word, etc.

The text of a clipping is still visible in "Quick Look".
So, clearly it's still there, somehow or in some form. How can I retrieve the text of these old clippings for use in other applications?

Can you not copy the text from "Quick Look" (?)... this maybe your work-a-round

Old text clippings open as blank files, and the text can't be copied and pasted in Notes, TextEdit, Word, etc.; but, the text is still visible in "Quick Look". How can I retrieve this text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.