Does iPhone 15 have quick command option ?

I used to have a Samsung, in widgets I could ban the microphone and camera for all applications with one action, and if I got a call, I was asked for permission to use the microphone. Now I'm using an iPhone 15, are there the same functions on the iPhone or is it possible to do the same as on Samsung using commands or universal access?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 23, 2024 2:35 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2024 12:22 AM in response to Derec9903

Since I do not have a Samsung device I may not be able to answer based on my experience.

Upon Google search, I can say this...

The iPhones do not have exactly the same widget functionality as described by you, but it offers similar privacy controls.

Although the iPhone 15 does not provide a single switch to disable all microphone and camera access simultaneously, it offers robust app-level controls to manage your privacy. You can navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and Camera to individually toggle access for each app.

Typically, apps will request permission to access your microphone the first time you use a related feature, such as making a video call. However, during regular phone calls, the microphone is automatically activated for the conversation without prompting a separate permission request. This ensures seamless functionality while maintaining control over your privacy settings for other apps.

Does iPhone 15 have quick command option ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.