Bombarded with Notifications after taking phone off Standby Mode

I keep my phone on my desk in Standby Mode because I enjoy the look. I can quickly glance at things like the time, weather, battery status, etc.

I have notifications when in standby mode turned on.

However, when I lift the phone from Standby Mode and unlock it, I get a barrage of various notifications.

Is there a way I can curb this behavior, or is this a known bug?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on May 23, 2024 3:22 PM

2 replies

May 26, 2024 9:20 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Buenos dias, Lawrence. I'm certain the slightly sarcastic tone in your response was a misread on my part, because that kind of behavior on a response to a request for help is, say, less than helpful. See? I can do subtle sarcasm, too.

Because you find this iOS behavior to be helpful coming out of standby mode to be helpful does not mean everyone does. I do want to see the notifications, I just don't want what could be 30-60 seconds (or more if in standby for long time) of parading notifications interrupting me in what might be something I don't want to wait to do. What would be wonderful is if there was an option for switching that feature on and off so people like you and people like me could live in peaceful, unannoyed harmony.

Apparently, such a feature (and such kind responses) do not yet exist. I shall await the arrival of those days anxiously.

Bombarded with Notifications after taking phone off Standby Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.