Does anyone use an additional lense with thier iPhone X?

I wondered what add on lenses were used by people on their iPhoneX. I did have a set that was recommended on a site, possibly Wirecutter. Beyond the number of alternate set ups with screw-ons for Macro, telephoto, wide angle etc, I found the results to be unsatisfactory. Adding the lens was fine but tryin to use the phones telephoto function resulted in extremely grain shots. And I found that if the lens wasn't positioned perfectly I got poor images.

Is there a better alternative or am I doomed unless I upgrade to a multi lens phone?

This is what I had

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPRT7X6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on May 23, 2024 4:32 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2024 12:30 AM in response to Paul Tabone1

Do your research before you hit "Buy" on Amazon:

• Read customer reviews closely: Amazon reviews are a goldmine of information. Look for reviews that mention specific features or functionalities that are important to you. See if the product lives up to its promises in real-world use. Are there any recurring complaints that might be a deal-breaker for you?
  • Compare reviews to your needs: Don't just skim positive reviews. Look for reviews from people with similar needs and compare their experiences to your expectations.
  • Reach out to the manufacturer: If you have specific questions about a product's features or capabilities, don't hesitate to contact the manufacturer directly. Their website or a quick phone call can clarify any grey areas and ensure the product truly fits your needs.
  • Consider a hands-on trial: Whenever possible, try to visit a physical store and see the product in person. This is especially helpful for electronics, clothing, or anything where user experience is a big factor. Holding it, using it, and getting a feel for it can reveal details that photos and reviews might miss.

By taking these steps, you'll be a much more informed shopper and less likely to encounter post-purchase surprises!

Does anyone use an additional lense with thier iPhone X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.