I use Avid Media Composer and have an external Logic keyboard attached but the function keys don't work

The keyboard works fine but I can't use the avid mapped function keys. I have turned off the function keys in System settings but they still wont work after reboot???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on May 23, 2024 6:07 PM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2024 5:46 PM in response to GabsterM

Hi GabsterM,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Macbook Pro M3 : Sonoma : Avid Media Composer : external logic keyboard attached.

The keyboard works fine but I can't use the avid mapped function keys.

I have turned off the function keys in System settings but they still wont work after reboot?"

If it is a possibility for you: wondering if chatting with the Support team at Avid Media Composer may help you to use the avid mapped function keys on the external keyboard.

Eg: See: https://www.avid.com/media-composer/learn-and-support

Else the manual that came with the external keyboard may have instructions on how to re-set or map the function keys for your particular needs, or the manufacturer's support team / website info. may be able to help.

All the best :-)

I use Avid Media Composer and have an external Logic keyboard attached but the function keys don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.