Fitness app stuck displaying Fitness+ advertisement

My Fitness icon seems to now redirect to the Fitness+ promotional screen rather than the app that displays my accumulated fitness data.  From that (truly annoying and ugly) promotional screen, I can’t get to my Summary screen, or at least I have found no swipe or option that allows that.  I just see a very busy promotion for Fitness+, and the only options are “subscribe to a free trial” and “get an annual subscription”.  I want neither. 

I don’t want any part of Fitness+, I just want what I had until this morning, my local display of my own fitness data via the Fitness app. 

I have tried killing the process, I have rebooted the iPad, I disabled all notifications for Fitness in Settings, no luck. I  put the network in Airplane Mode and the ugly promotional screen is inaccessible, but there is still no way to get to the old app Summary screen.  I don’t want to delete the app because then I lose my fitness data. Ideas? 

TIA

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on May 23, 2024 6:20 PM

2 replies

May 24, 2024 1:14 PM in response to 6x6

No luck. All those settings were already off except Announcements and turning that off did not fix it.

Fitness just presents a screen that will only allow me to proceed if I allow announcements, and then it brings me back to the original screen. I think Apple is dropping the ball here…

Thanks for the reply though, it is appreciated.

Fitness app stuck displaying Fitness+ advertisement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.