Siri says Apple Music can't play a playlist

I have playlists of music I purchased on Apple iTunes. When I ask Siri to play one of those playlists she says it looks like Apple Music can't play the playlist. But, I don't have Apple Music. This is my music that I purchased. I have had this problem on CarPlay and also when asking Siri to play the playlist on my phone not connected to CarPlay. I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17.5.1. It seems to be a problem with only one particular playlist. I tried deleting the playlist and adding it back and that did not help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted on May 23, 2024 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2024 1:18 PM

This answer incorrect. Apple has still not fixed this issue. I have personally reported it twice. Very disappointing!

11 replies

May 24, 2024 12:08 AM in response to windyjammer

Even if you don't subscribe to Apple Music's streaming service, you can still access all the music you've purchased on the iTunes Store. This music is conveniently stored within the Apple Music app. Having the Apple Music app installed is essential to play your purchased songs, manage your library, and sync your music across your Apple devices.

Siri says Apple Music can't play a playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.