Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why is my iPhone 14 making calls on its own?

Why is my iPhone making calls on its own? How do I overcome the problem? Help is appreciated.

Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 23, 2024 7:16 PM

1 reply

May 23, 2024 8:42 PM in response to andrewfromdarwin

I know these might be silly questions to ask, but is your screen cracked or dirty/sticky?

It could be your screen protector (if you have one installed or built into your case).

Depending on how often this issue occurs, I’d remove all accessories from the device, clean the screen and test to see if it still happens without your screen protector or case being installed.

If there’s nothing physically wrong with your device meaning the screen isn’t damaged/dirty and you’ve ruled out your accessories being the cause… it may be a feature that’s enabled causing the issue (depending on who’s being called).

Is it calling your emergency contacts, regular contacts, or random numbers?

If it’s calling your emergency contacts, it might be fall detection or crash detection.

If it’s calling regular people in your contacts, it might be Siri listening and calling whoever’s name it “thinks” it heard said in your background.

If random numbers are being called, it might be Siri as well or it might be something else depending on this next question. Are you being told by random people (that you don’t know), “you’ve called them”? If so, your number might be spoofed and your phone carrier may have tools to help aid you in some type of resolution.

If everything I mentioned above, isn’t related to your specific issue at hand, I’d record what’s happening “using another device” as screen recording doesn’t work during calls… call Apple support, tell them about the issue, and let them know you’ve recorded the whole experience from start to finish. They’ll probably want to run diagnostics on the device (which they can do remotely) and ask you to do basic troubleshooting steps that may sound stupid, just be patient and do as they ask so the process can get completed quickly as possible.

Sorry for this being long, but I hope this helps!

Why is my iPhone 14 making calls on its own?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.