Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Turning Off Magnetic picture in picture

Hi, i have an i pad pro gen 2, and the feature of Picture in Picture is enable, to assist me as i'm learning from video. I would like to make the magnetic is turn off. How do i do that ?

Magnetic Picture in Picture example :

When i hold and slide the Picture in Picture video, and release the hold, it would automatically move to the closest corner of my screen to top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right.

This auto move or shall we call it magnetic Picture in Picture, in my case is not helping me. I have an app that would use my ipad pen in 4 corner of the screen, and since the picture in picture cover the toolbar everytime i use the tool, i have to move the picture in picture to other corner, this extra act annoys me and consumes many of my times. How to disable it ?

Thanks in advance

Mikha

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 23, 2024 8:22 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2024 6:14 AM in response to MikhaHarly

The feature that you describe is not configurable.

Apple invites submission of comments and Feature Requests via is Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you would like to see more control over positioning of PiP windows in a future version of iPadOS, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make a request.

Turning Off Magnetic picture in picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.