Report and stop seeing inappropriate ad content

I am playing a family friendly game along with my family, suddenly ads appear , normally from other games. Recently ads from nanobitssoftware.com have begin to appear, showing 17+ nasty adds showing adult suggesting things or other situations where women are beaten up, professional secretaries spanked at work, etc.

how to report the ad or the developer to stop seeing those ads?

I am a developer myself, i know it is not the fault of the original game developer to add ads because supposedly the ads are based on recommmendations and managed by apple ad network. The dev simply programs the ad space and they cash whenever content is clicked. The advertiser pays to appear in relevant apps, Apple network does the rest to connect ads to advertising spaces in apps amd games. So reporting the original game wont do so much because the innappropiate ad is visible on ALL other games i have. (Simple games about cakes similar to camdy crush, or sim city, etc)

So what can i do? I don’t care about parental control because the ad is offensive to anyone not just kids.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad

Posted on May 23, 2024 8:58 PM

1 reply

May 23, 2024 9:35 PM in response to XenaLoons

Apple used to provide an Ad network called iAds, but that was shut down 8 years ago in 2016. Apple no longer provides an in game ad network and developers are free to use any service they want. The most common ad network that developers use is Google AdMob. Information about the ad network Apple used to run is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAd

Here you will see that there is no other in game ad network provided by Apple:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/109506

Apple does provide Search Ads, but those are used exclusively in the App Store where developers can promote their apps to others based on what is searched for in the App Store. These do not appear in games.

Back to the question of reporting these inappropriate ads, yes you can contact the developer and express your concerns. They are getting paid to provide the ads to you and need to be help responsible. You can also provide a review of your experience on the page of the app in the App Store to alert other users who may be thinking to download the app. Many times developers respond much more quickly to these reviews since they are viewed by all, then from an individual contact.

You can also go to the reportaproblem site which is the same location to request a refund. Instead of requesting a refund, you can report "Inappropriate Content" on the app that you are reporting.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Report and stop seeing inappropriate ad content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.