Exporting my Text Msg's to anything email-able?

Need a conversation for my attorney, Does apple allow exporting of texts to other formats readable on a device not mac/apple?

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on May 23, 2024 11:55 PM

2 replies

May 24, 2024 12:00 AM in response to Alphabetics

There are a few key points to remember regarding evidence in court, specifically when it comes to messages:

• Downloaded, forwarded, Printed, or exported messages, screen recordings, and screenshots: While you might think capturing a message via screenshot, exporting it, provides solid proof, these methods often hold limited weight in court. The reason is that digital evidence can be manipulated or altered, making it difficult to verify its authenticity.
  • Importance of the original device: The most reliable form of evidence for messages is usually the original phone or device where you received them. Law enforcement or legal professionals can use forensic tools to extract data directly from the device, ensuring its authenticity and preserving any relevant details such as timestamps or deleted messages.
  • Why the original device is stronger evidence: By using the original device, experts can examine the message data thoroughly, including timestamps, message history, and any potential hidden content. This adds a layer of credibility that screenshots or recordings often lack.

In short, while screenshots and recordings can serve as reminders, for legal purposes, the original device containing the messages is generally considered the strongest form of evidence.

Exporting my Text Msg's to anything email-able?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.