iPhone 11 Pro Max battery replacement - Apple Store Highpoint

16th May

Booked an appointment for Apple Highpoint 7:15pm on the 23rd of May

23rd May

Backed up the iPhone, turned off Find My iPhone

6:50pm - Reached the Apple Store at Highpoint

Walks around the store to see how long it will take for one of the staff to approach

6:55pm - Gets approached by one of the staff asking if I’m someone else they’re looking for. I tell them I am not.

They then tap away on their iPad. Checking my appointment. Then they check my iPhone and see the battery health percentage.

They then tell me I’m a bit early and they’ll come get me in 10 minutes.

My phone gets a notification that I have my appointment at the Apple Store.

7:15pm - Still waiting around in the store, thinking they could be a bit late.

7:30pm - Watches the same staff member who approached me serve someone else standing right next to me.

I walk around the store a bit more with no luck trying to get anyone of the staff to notice me. At this stage I’ve been in the store for 45 minutes almost unattended.

The notification on my phone about the appointment is gone.

7:45pm - Get approached by one of the staff being asked if I need a hand.

I tell them the experience I’ve had and they tell me that my appointment has been cancelled.

They ask if I would be interested in joining the queue again to see the technicians which I decline they close within a hour.

I get asked if the iPhone is my primary device. I tell them it it is.

They tell me if everything did go as planned, I wouldn’t be able to leave with the iPhone on the same night.

This second staff member was very accommodating but I’ve also been in the store for nearly a hour now.

Before leaving the store, I check my phone to see if there is any notification or email that the appointment was cancelled. There was nothing. Not even in my junk folder.

8:05pm - Walks into the Samsung store one floor below out of pure entertainment factor

Gets approached by staff within 5 minutes of waiting, tells them about the Apple store appointment issue and gets told that I would receive better customer service by Samsung.

Also get a very tempting trade in offer for the iPhone and iPad Pro to buy some Galaxy devices that I may or may not exercise in the future.

24th May

Call Apple support and they recommend posting on discussions.apple.com

Offered to provide another appointment with sort of a VIP status at the same store with their technicians which I respectfully decline.

Stating that I’d want the regular average person experience rather than being treated as a VIP or using any corporate contacts to get an iPhone battery swapped.

Then I get told that the store may not have the part I need if the appointment went as planned.

I asked them that I booked the appointment a week ago and would that not be enough time to order the replacement battery for the iPhone.

Positive experiences:

I’ve bought an iPad Pro from the same store and also had it repaired because bendgate is an issue with the USB C models.

There’s many aspects to learn from this scenario.

Why isn’t there a check in section on the phone?

Obviously the Apple retail staff would like for you not to be hassled.

Why isn’t there a notification or email about the appointment being cancelled?

Why aren’t customers informed if they are interested in getting their iPhone battery swapped, that a one or two hour appointment may not be enough and they would have to collect their device the next day.

Or the store may not have the part and they would have to visit the store again in order to achieve the desired outcome.

My intentions before arriving at the appointment: I could either purchase a new iPad Pro or new iPhone Pro device before leaving.

My intentions after the appointment and the follow up support call: Strictly avoid the Apple Store. To go to Apple certified vendors or 3rd party vendors to get devices and or repair them.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 24, 2024 12:26 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2024 12:33 AM in response to zeddd06

This platform is designed as a user-to-user forum with Apple Inc. acting as a moderator. The primary objective is to foster a community where users can participate in meaningful discussions while adhering to established guidelines.

This platform serves as a space for users to engage in meaningful conversations, share information, and exchange ideas related to Apple products. It's a community-driven initiative where users support each other by sharing their experiences and technical expertise in using Apple devices. While Apple Inc. is not actively participating in these discussions, the forum is a valuable resource for seeking guidance and assistance from fellow users who possess a wealth of experience with Apple products. Feel free to explore the discussions, ask questions, and benefit from the collective knowledge of this community.

Please note that this is a public forum, so when attaching a screenshot, please avoid including any personal credentials such as IP addresses, card details, email IDs, Apple IDs, IMEI numbers, serial numbers, phone numbers, order IDs, invoices, or any identifiable location information if you are sharing a map.

Hence, some of the following links which are relevant to your query may help you:

1. Product-related questions directed to Apple Inc - refer to the three links below
    1. Product Feedback - Apple
  2. Hardware repairs & tickets - Apple Authorized Service Provider
  3. Service grievances & questions --> Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support
  4. Warranty & Apple Care+ issues --> Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  5. Suggestions and Feedback for improvements --> Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."
    1. Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.
    2. Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  6. Repair costs or product or prices of part service & replacement -
    1. iPhone Repair and Service - Apple Support (IN)
    2. iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement
    3. iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement
  7. Any other issue --> Contact – Official Apple Support (IN) & Contact Apple for support and service

iPhone 11 Pro Max battery replacement - Apple Store Highpoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.