Upload fraudulent charges?

I’ve been getting scammed for a couple months. But I was in a comatose state of mind I had no idea. I can’t work I can’t have health insurance so every cent in my account is literally all I have from my brother and medicine is not cheap nor otc either. I just need my money back please. Thanks Alice Pinon. re**********e@yahoo.com

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 24, 2024 2:19 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2024 2:25 AM in response to Alicia8084

How to see what you've been charged for

• To see your purchase history, go to reportaproblem.apple.com.
  • Sign in with your Apple ID.
  • A list of purchases will appear. To see family members' purchases, select the Apple ID button and choose a family member.
  • To see the full receipt, including tax, tap or click the date.

If you don't recognise a charge - Apple Support (IN)

Report an unknown transaction or dispute a charge. On your iPhone, open the Wallet app and tap Apple Card. Scroll down and tap the transaction that you want ...

If you see an Apple Services charge you don't recognize on ...

Unknown Charge?

1. App Purchase
    1. Curious about a Charge? --> If you see an 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement
    2. If you have an issue with an app on the App Store or billing --> Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store
  2. Subscriptions
    1. You may view a subscription to an app --> See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support
    2. You can also request a refund for a recent renewal of an in-app subscription purchase 

Ever accidentally buy something in an app or online? It happens to the best of us! Here are some ways to prevent it, depending on whose device you're using:

On Your Device:

• Guided Access for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: This handy feature lets you lock your device into a single app and restrict certain areas of the screen. This is perfect for when you want to hand your phone or tablet to a child for them to play a game without worrying about them accidentally making purchases.Use Guided Access on iPhone - Apple Support

On Your Child's Device:

It could be Phishing

May 24, 2024 2:25 AM in response to Alicia8084

Report the Hacking/Scam incident to the Authorities:

• Contact your local law enforcement agency: File a police report as soon as possible. This creates an official record of the scam/hack and helps them track these criminals. You can usually find the non-emergency number for your local police department online or by calling your information line (e.g., 411).
  • Gather your evidence: The fact that you have the box, receipt, photos, and screenshots is fantastic! This strengthens your case considerably. Bring these items with you when you file the report, or if reporting online, clearly list them and offer to send them electronically.

Strengthening Your Case:

• Provide details: Be thorough when explaining the scam/hack. Include dates, times, names (if any), contact methods, and a detailed explanation of how the scam/hack unfolded.
  • Financial records: If you lost money, include any bank statements or transaction records related to the scam.
  • Online presence: If the scam/hack happened online, provide screenshots of the scammer's/hacker's profile, website, or any online interactions you had.

Filing the Report:

• Request a copy: Once you've filed the report, ask for a copy for your records. This will include a reference number, which may be helpful for future inquiries.
  • Report online (if available): Many police departments allow you to file reports online. This can be a convenient option, but be sure to follow up with a phone call if you have any complex details or significant losses.

Following Up:

• Be persistent: Scams/hacks can take time to investigate. While there's no guarantee they'll catch the perpetrator, be persistent in checking on the progress of your case. Maintain a polite and professional tone when following up.

Additional Resources:

• Consider reporting the scam/hack to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ This helps them track scam/hack trends and develop consumer protection resources.
  • Depending on the type of scam/hack, there may be specialized reporting agencies as well.

By taking these steps, you not only increase the chances of recovering your losses but also help law enforcement track down these criminals and protect others from falling victim.

Upload fraudulent charges?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.