Siri reads the contacts as an equation

Whenever i ask siri to make a call to a saved contact,

It starts reading out the name wrong all the time. When said

call Vicky

It replies as ‘calling xNo t=Viky nt d i n’

Longer the name

longer it takes to spell the whole contact.

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on May 24, 2024 3:47 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2024 6:45 AM in response to NareshOG

Expressing or conveying auditory experiences effectively through these forums may be challenging. For more personalized and in-depth assistance, I recommend securing a Genius Bar Reservation and exploring the various support options provided by Apple.

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

When you encounter issues with your Apple devices, the Genius Bar at Apple Retail Stores is the go-to place for expert assistance. The Genius Bar is staffed by knowledgeable Apple employees, often referred to as "Geniuses," who can diagnose and resolve a wide range of hardware and software-related problems. To ensure personalized attention and a convenient visit, Apple provides the option to schedule a Genius Bar Reservation.

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

May 24, 2024 6:46 AM in response to NareshOG

To ensure proper functionality, please verify that only one of the following features is activated:

With VoiceOver—a gesture-based screen reader—you can use iPhone even if you can't see the screen. VoiceOver gives audible descriptions of what's on your screen—from battery level, to who's calling, to which app your finger is on. You can also adjust the speaking rate and pitch to suit your needs.

Turn on and practice VoiceOver on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content. Adjust any of the following: Speak Selection: To hear text you selected, tap the Speak button. Speak Screen: To hear the entire screen, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen.

Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing ...

On your device, go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content > Typing Feedback. From here, you can turn on the following: Character feedback: Turn on Characters to have your device speak letters as you type.

Use Typing Feedback on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Turn on Dictation

Go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Turn on Enable Dictation.

Dictate text on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Siri reads the contacts as an equation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.