People not showing up on customized wallpaper option

My photos detect my people automatically and I see my daughters are being selected correctly. However when I try to customize my wallpaper to select people, my daughters aren’t showing up as option. I see the other people I have detected but not them. I see a few people have had this issue. How can we fix it?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 24, 2024 4:12 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2024 6:46 AM in response to lucila1986

If the process as shown below does not work then the only possibilities are...

There are a couple of reasons why you might not be seeing yourself in the "People" option when setting your iPhone wallpaper:

1. Facial Recognition Needs Multiple Photos: The "People" option in wallpapers relies on Apple's facial recognition technology to identify people in your Photos app. For it to work, it needs to have seen you in multiple photos where your face is clear and well-lit. If you only have a few photos of yourself, or if they're not clear enough, your iPhone might not have recognized you yet.
  2. Check Your Tags: Double-check your tags in the Photos app. Make sure you're consistently tagged with the same name (ideally your actual name). Inconsistent tagging can confuse the facial recognition software.

Here's what you can try:

• Add More Photos of Yourself: Take some clear selfies or photos where your face is prominent.
  • Ensure Consistent Tags: Go through your photos and make sure you're tagged with the same name consistently.
  • Restart Your Phone: Sometimes a simple restart can refresh the facial recognition data.

If you've tried these steps and you're still not showing up in the "People" option, there might be a temporary glitch with the Photos app or the facial recognition software. In that case, you can try:

• Update Your iPhone: Make sure you're running the latest version of iOS. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements to features like facial recognition.
  • Reset Location and Privacy Settings: This might seem extreme, but in some cases, resetting these settings can resolve issues with facial recognition. However, be aware that this will also reset other location-based services. You can find this option by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy.

If none of these solutions work, it's best to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

May 24, 2024 6:47 AM in response to lucila1986

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

People not showing up on customized wallpaper option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.