Unable to remove eSim plan from iPad

I had a Spanish eSim plan on my iPad Mini 6th gen which I have been able to remove 'partially' I guess? It still shows SIM card with a blue tick under Mobile Plans, and every time I restart my iPad I get prompted for a PUK code. There is also still a SIM PIN option but it is greyed out when selecting.

The device has been reset dozens of times without any result and none of the Apple resellers I have visited in different countries were able to assist.

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 24, 2024 4:28 AM

5 replies

May 24, 2024 7:51 AM in response to mveeken

You might be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

May 24, 2024 4:36 AM in response to mveeken

PUK = Personal Unblocking Key

You will need this when you enter the incorrect Cellular SIM PIN three times. If you also enter the wrong PUK three times, your Cellular SIM card will be permanently blocked - and will require replacement. It follows that SIM PIN settings will not be available until the associated PUK has been correctly entered.

You can obtain your PUK code, unique to your SIM card, from the associated Cellular service provider.

As for removing an eSIM plan from your iPad, this support page should clarify the process:

How to erase the eSIM on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Unable to remove eSim plan from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.