Can I set up my Fathers iPhone to be able to answer a call before inputting the passcode?

My father has an iPhone 11 and he has to enter his passcode before answering calls and because of his poor vision the call ends before he can answer. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max I have a passcode and Face ID to unlock the phone but I never have to enter it to answer a call. What settings do I have to change on my father’s phone so he can just answer calls without needing to enter a passcode. I’ve found nothing about this subject online

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 24, 2024 3:59 PM

4 replies

May 25, 2024 10:14 AM in response to hopeless romantic

hopeless romantic wrote:

I do not want to turn off the ability to answer a call when the screen is locked.

I understand that. You asked about changing settings. As there is no setting to prevent calls from being answered while the phone is locked, there is, as logically follows, no setting to change to make it possible to answer when the phone is locked. So, you have to look at other reasons for this to be happening.

The issue on my father’s phone is that he has to enter his iPhone passcode to answer a call. Ive never had to enter a passcode to answer a call, I simply answer the call or ignore or send to voicemail etc. why would my fathers iPhone 11 ask him to enter his passcode to answer a call?

As I suggested above, I suspect your father is touching something on the screen or in some way not answering correctly. As I suggested above, watch him try to answer his locked phone. See exactly what he is doing. Have him try to answer your phone when it's locked. See if the same thing happens to him when he tries to answer your phone. See what happens if you try to answer his phone.

If he has the same issue on both phones, the cause is something he's doing or not doing. If he only has the problem on his phone and not yours, the problem may be with the phone. In that case, I'd suggest you contact Apple and have the phone evaluated.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

May 25, 2024 5:13 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I do not want to turn off the ability to answer a call when the screen is locked.

The issue on my father’s phone is that he has to enter his iPhone passcode to answer a call. Ive never had to enter a passcode to answer a call, I simply answer the call or ignore or send to voicemail etc. why would my fathers iPhone 11 ask him to enter his passcode to answer a call?

Can I set up my Fathers iPhone to be able to answer a call before inputting the passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.