Many of my factory plugins (instruments and effects) in Logic Pro X 11 are disabled

Hi there, I'm having a really annoying issue with Logic Pro X 11. I'm working on an iMac 24" with all OS updates in order, and I've tried re-installing Logic Pro as well as deleting the .plist file to reset preferences - but with no luck.

This issue is that a lot of my factory plugins (instruments, effects, etc.) are disabled. These are not available from within the library, and when I enter plugin manager, these are disabled and apparently not validated. There's no way of enabling them, and Reset / Rescan does not help.

This is what it looks like in plugin manager:

I need e.g. Retro Synth, but I'm unable to use it as the plugin is not enabled.

What do I do - I seem to have tried everything (at least all that various LLMs suggest when I ask them : )

iMac (M1, 2021)

Posted on May 24, 2024 4:25 PM

4 replies

May 27, 2024 8:08 AM in response to Bo-Cph

Have you tried creating a new software instrument track and selecting Retro Synth as the instrument? Bo-Cph wrote:

Hi there, I'm having a really annoying issue with Logic Pro X 11.

Also when you refer to the newest version of Logic, just call it Logic Pro 11. Logic X, really means Logic 10, where the X is the roman numeral for 10. So when you were saying Logic Pro X 11, you're really saying Logic 10 11.

May 25, 2024 4:25 AM in response to yoyoBen

Hi, thanks - but that’s where the problem started; if I had been able to add the ‘Retro synth’ instrument on a channel strip, I would never have opened the plug-in manager.

And I’ve read the documentation, gone through a full course on Logic Pro and searched through Google and Youtube for hours already - but thanks for that advice anyway ; )

Many of my factory plugins (instruments and effects) in Logic Pro X 11 are disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.