Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Can't play Apple TV+ shows

I'm on holiday in London from America. Why are some Apple TV+ shows playing on my iPhone for me and not others?

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on May 24, 2024 8:02 PM

1 reply

May 27, 2024 9:17 AM in response to LVtravels

Why are some Apple TV+ shows playing on my iPhone for me and not others?

Please disclose which are playing, and which are not. Just a few examples, to look for a pattern.

Are you sure they are all from Apple TV+ catalog? In-app channels from the Apple TV app (e.g. Paramount+, AMC+, etc.) may be blocked when tried outside the home country. Likewise, content from connected apps may also be blocked outside the home country. Such content is provided to you with the condition that it is viewed from the US (from a US IP address). Each of these might appear in Up Next and recommendations in the Apple TV app.

The terms and conditions for Apple Media Services state that only support in your “home country” is intended. Any media that works outside the home country is considered an unexpected bonus.

Can't play Apple TV+ shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.