Why is my Sonos system not recognizing the music folder on iMac M3?

I'm trying to share my music with my sonos system but it won't recognise the folder. I'm running Sonoma on an iMac M3. Need help please.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 24, 2024 9:32 PM

5 replies

May 24, 2024 9:59 PM in response to Gunter O. Swoboda

"Mac and Sonos music library: I'm trying to share my music with my sonos system but it won't recognise the folder. I'm running Sonoma on an iMac M3. Need help please."

-------

Sharing Files:

How is it not recognizing the folder? Is it not showing up? Are the items not showing up? Share Apple Music with Family Sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Jun 17, 2024 7:00 PM in response to BootCamp-Win

BootCamp-Win Said:

I am having the same problem with my new MacBook Pro M3, Sonos cannot add the music folder. The error that Sonos gives is: ’Sonos was unable to add the music folder Unable to add the shared folder ‘|/Richards-M3-MacBook-Pro/ Music’ to your Music Library (913).’ Worked fine on my 2015 MacBook Pro

———-

Enable for sharing of your Mac. You’d do so in System Settings

1. Go to: System Settings
  2. Type: file in the search bay (top left corner)
  3. Select: File sharing in the left pane
  4. Click: File sharing so that it is blue.

Jun 18, 2024 5:40 PM in response to BootCamp-Win

BootCamp-Win Said:

"I still get the same error, even after enabling file sharing"

-------

Assign your IP Address to the Library:

Rather than your computer's name, you'd change the head of the folder as your IP Address. So, in this example, swap "My Computer" with your IP Address. //My Computer/Music Library Share 

To get the IP Address: Go into Terminal, use this command:

ifconfig

In doing so, the computer would be seen as a client.

Elsewise, contact their Support Team.

Why is my Sonos system not recognizing the music folder on iMac M3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.