I cannot call one mobile phone number from my iphone but i can text it why

I have a iPhone 13 and for around a year I have not been able to contact one person who also uses a iPhone I was on the Vodafone network and now on Talk Mobile he is on ID mobile network can text no problem but cannot call and I always get a message saying this person’s phone is unavailable at the moment try sending a text or call back later!

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 24, 2024 11:50 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2024 12:28 AM in response to JonB54

Are you able to send SMS texts or iMessage Texts?

Messaging with iPhones: iMessage

When you communicate with other iPhones, iPads, or Macs, you can use iMessage for free. iMessage works over Wi-Fi or your cellular data plan and lets you send texts, photos, videos. You can make an iMessage Call.

Regular Calls and SMS to any Phone

To make a regular voice call (not an iMessage call) or send SMS text messages to anyone, you'll need a cellular plan for calls and SMS messaging. This plan is linked to the SIM card in your phone. Regular calls and SMS work on any phone,but depending on your plan, charges might apply.

Here's a quick breakdown:

• iMessage (Blue bubbles): Free between Apple devices over Wi-Fi or data, for texts, photos, videos, and voice calls.
  • SMS (Green bubbles): Uses cellular network (may have charges), for texts only, works with any phone.
  • Regular Voice Call: Uses cellular network (may have charges), works with any phone.

I cannot call one mobile phone number from my iphone but i can text it why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.