My second hand but new to me apple tv

Hi everyone, I upgraded to a new (to me) Apple TV box and for some reason when you select an app sometimes (more than to often) it looses signal to the (Samsung) tv. Looks like everywhere I search it says unplug and restart. I’ve done all that and still happens is it a broken box or something simple I’ve not noticed.

Thanks.

UTU6900,

Posted on May 25, 2024 1:37 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2024 8:36 AM in response to Dinger6314

I upgraded to a new (to me) Apple TV box

Which model exactly?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

… it looses signal to the (Samsung) tv.

For a second, a few seconds, or indefinitely?

Depending on the capabilities of the TV, it may take some time for a TV to adjust to changes in frame rate or changes in dynamic range over HDMI. This is as expected for TVs that do not support QMS (an optional HDMI 2.1 feature). One way to avoid this, is to set Apple TV to use a constant frame rate and a constant dynamic range (i.e. disable Match Content in the video settings). Could that be it?

Else try a different (better) HDMI cable. For devices with HDMI 2.0, an 18 Gbps rated HDMI cable is recommended. For devices with HDMI 2.1, an 48 Gbps rated HDMI cable is recommended. For HDMI 2.0 devices, YCbCr colorspace with 4:2:0 chroma setting is recommended. Could that be it?

My second hand but new to me apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.