Trying to clear photo storage from my iPhone 12 Pro

Hello, i have full iPhone storage so i deleted a Lot of long videos in my galery around 50 videos that were longer than 10minutes and nothing changed I still have full storage only couple of megabytes disapeared But Thats all

My iPhone still shows that i have the same amount of storage while i deleted like 50videos that were longer than 5minutes. (Yes, I deleted them from the deleted photos folder) What do i do Please help

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 25, 2024 2:57 AM

7 replies

May 25, 2024 7:03 AM in response to Matiass_

See if a Forced Restart helps --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

It's also possible that even removing 50 videos didn't free up enough space to do whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. One thing you need to seriously consider is the next time you buy an iPhone, buy one with more memory as clearly the one you own doesn't have enough memory to meet your storage needs.

May 25, 2024 9:14 AM in response to Matiass_

Do you have a lot of photos and videos?

Are you using iCloud Photos – with "Optimize iPhone Storage" enabled on the iPhone?

If your photo and video library is so big that your iPhone cannot hold everything, that might be the issue. You fill device storage, the iPhone sees that you are running out – and replaces some local copies of photos and videos with lower-quality "space-saving" versions. You free device storage – and maybe the iPhone thinks that this is a signal to download full-size versions from iCloud. It might be trying to store as much of your Photo Library as it can, on your phone, without filling the phone to the point of overflow.

Just a guess - I've never filled the storage on my phone enough to see how it would behave in this circumstance.

Trying to clear photo storage from my iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.