iphone marked as lost but removed from apple account

my iphone 13 pro was pickpocketed about a month ago but luckily i still had my iphone 11 at home so could sort out everything easier when i got home.

i have the setting in screen time turned on that does not allow even myself to access my apple account at the top of the settings, unless i go back into the screen time settings and reverse and then redo it every time i need to do something which is what i do.

i marked the phone as lost the same day and was turned on again a few days or a week later and was showing up in romania, but i have now removed the device from my apple account from the settings right at the top of the settings app like i was talking about earlier.

me and my bf have both gotten the first text in the screenshot but i have only received the second, i clicked the first link which took me to safari but looked like the enter password screen but just before that popped up there was also a screen for a second that was to log into my icloud or apple account but i didn’t enter anything and haven’t clicked back on them since.

the phone is definitely no longer listed in my apple account settings as one of my devices but it is still marked as lost and locked in find my.

so my question is essentially am i covered? i’m worried i shot myself in the foot a bit removing it but thinking i’m okay as long as i keep it in find my?

Posted on May 25, 2024 3:54 AM

1 reply

iphone marked as lost but removed from apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.