I am unable to connect my iPhone and iPad to my WIFI at 6am and 8am

Sometimes our Apple products - 2 iphones and an ipad - cannot connect to our home network. This always happens in the morning,, and my Thinkpad laptop has no problem connecting searching for an explanation. What is Apple doing to our devices overnight to cause this problem at 6am or 8am?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on May 25, 2024 6:35 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2024 10:01 AM in response to MDLauter

It’s highly unlikely Apple is doing something to your devices to keep them from connecting to your WiFi at those times. Are all 3 devices you mentioned have the latest iOS/ipadOS versions? Did this issue start after an update or has it always been an issue? Have you investigated your WiFi network settings? Do you have the ability to setup priorities by device via a website or app for your router? If so try looking at how many devices are showing as actively connected and set priorities for the ones you would like to see if that helps. It may not help of course but it’s worth trying. Also, have you reached out to Apple Support to troubleshoot and diagnose before assuming Apple is doing something to your devices to cause home network connection?

I am unable to connect my iPhone and iPad to my WIFI at 6am and 8am

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.