Is Apple 2022 10.9-inch iPad (10th generation) compatible with iTunes?

I am about to buy the iPad 10th Gen 256GB purely for playing music via bluetooth to my HI-FI system. Just need to know if this iPad is compatible with iTunes. I'm probaly being paranoid but just need to know. Thanks in advance

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 25, 2024 6:50 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2024 10:07 AM in response to tommyt5

Perhaps some clarity would be beneficial...

iTunes as a service was re-branded some time ago as Apple Music. At the same time, the related Apps on Apple devices were similarly renamed.

iTunes as an App remained with Mac until its functionality was subsumed into Finder and the new Music App at which time references to iTunes disappeared.

For Windows PC, the iTunes for Windows application has been maintained until quite recently - but has now itself been superseded (for Windows 10/11) by the new Apple Devices App. Windows 7/8 are no longer supported by Apple, but you should still be able to download and use iTunes for Windows.

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Apple Devices App (Windows PC):

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9np83lwlpz9k?hl=en-ms&gl=MS

iTunes for Windows provides multiple services - such as providing synchronisation functions for connected Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) and access to the Apple Music services, media and associated subscriptions from the PC - and can be used to activate devices where the device itself is unable to connect with Apple's Activation Servers.

If you are using a Mac with recent versions of macOS, you will use Finder.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

Is Apple 2022 10.9-inch iPad (10th generation) compatible with iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.