Apple Music Keeps Closing

Recently, my Apple Music app shuts down in the middle of songs. Sometimes, the song will play for a few seconds and the app quits. Sometimes a minute or so. This seems to happen whether using a playlist, a downloaded song or a purchased item.

The iTunes library on my PC (the mothership) does not do this. I'm thinking that I need to somehow clear my iTunes library in iCloud but don't know the proper steps to do this and I can't find the iClouds library. I have a back-up of my PC iTunes but would much prefer not messing with that if there's a way to just deal with the iCloud's iTunes. Similarly, I would prefer to not lose the downloaded albums on my iPhone and/or my Apple purchased items. I have searched for answers here but haven't found one that addresses this issue. The answers that I have found on the Web leave me confused or concerned that I may nuke the wrong files. I am very much hoping that someone in the group could help me out of this darkness of confusion or refer me to an answer that can help walk me through the proper procedure(s). Thanks so much in advance!!!

Posted on May 25, 2024 9:37 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2024 10:17 AM in response to Magister23

One other issue. I'm confused by "Sync Library" and how this may affect my attempt to remedy this shut down issue. If I turn that off, I'm reading the warning as saying I will wipe out everything. Does that include my PC iTunes library (mothership)? Thanks...definitely a mouthbreather, here and don't want to muck up a good thing...I have digitzed much of my own CD library (taking me over the dreaded 100K limit) and would hate to have to rebuild. Thanks again.

Apple Music Keeps Closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.