Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Pairing a second Apple Watch to iPhone

This happened on a subway, I’m on my way to work. A lady sit beside me talking on her iPhone. She’s wearing an Apple Watch and once in a while she says her hubby texts her and she needs to answer. About three times she texts him (or who ever it was).

Now this is odd: my Apple watch inform me to place it near an iPhone and then onto a second Apple Watch!

I haven’t asked my watch to pair. I went nervous, what if this lady tried to connect my watch and then make access to my iPhone? And access to my Apple Pay..? Since her conversation was about high salaries and making a lot of money.

Is this possible to anyone getting access to anyones Watch/iPhone?

I don’t feel safe by this. Are Apple going to see if there’s a bug issue? Am I safe?

Posted on May 25, 2024 9:55 AM

4 replies

May 25, 2024 11:30 AM in response to Katarina Mårtenson

This looks like you have "Bring Devices Together" activated on your devices.

You can share contacts or photos, using AirDrop, by holding those devices near each other. And you will see the animation of either two iPhones or Apple Watches, placed near each other on your screen.

Have a look at the related article:

Use NameDrop on iPhone to share your contact info - Apple Support

To disable this option, go to Settings/General/AirDrop/ and disable the option "Bring Devices Together"

Pairing a second Apple Watch to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.