Can my iPhone 13 GPS be cloned or hacked?

yesterday morning, I went to the gym. While I was there, my girlfriend looked up my location, and it appeared to be a couple of miles Away at an apartment complex. My phone was in a locker and not moving. Needless to say this has created some trust issues. No question I was at the gym. There are multiple witnesses. That said, why would this have happened? Is it possible someone is hijacking my phone and location? How can this be done? What can I do to prevent it in the future?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 25, 2024 10:36 AM

6 replies

May 25, 2024 10:45 AM in response to Tyrionthebulldog

Hacking is about the least likely thing that could have happened.

If your watch was in a locker, in gym (possibly with lots of thick walls, maybe even in a strip mall), it wasn't getting a good GPS signal, maybe none at all. And, if you don't have WiFi turned on, that makes it even worse. In that case, the location information could have been wildly inaccurate.

I would note that the trust issues probably existed before the location confusion.

May 25, 2024 10:55 AM in response to Tyrionthebulldog

Tyrionthebulldog wrote:

Is there a place to make certain someone didn’t remove my protections? Can I reinstall them?

Have you jailbroken your iPhone? Has someone had unsupervised access to your phone while it was unlocked? If the answer to those questions is "no", no protections have been removed.

Of course, you can always restore your iPhone to factory settings and not re-install anything except apps you download directly from the App Store. But I really think that's a pointless exercise. Your phone has not been hacked.

Can my iPhone 13 GPS be cloned or hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.