HomePod defaulting to popular songs/artists

Hi!

I recently have been using my HomePod a lot (This happens to me with all of our HomePods, no matter the model or version). Recently, I have found some smaller artists that I love listening to. However, I have found that I cannot listen to them on a HomePod using voice commands, because any time I list one of their songs, or even try to be more specific by adding their artist name, it defaults to some random more popular artist that has no correlation with what I am trying to play. For example:

Me: "Hey siri, play 'The Ordinary Place' by 'Kone Mara'."

Siri: "Now playing 'Life Is Good (feat. Drake)' by 'Future'."

This is extremely frustrating. The songs that it is playing have literally nothing similar to what I am trying to play. Not even anything in the title or genre of music. The same thing happens even when I spell out the title of the song and the artist name. Just plays a random song that has nothing to do with what I am trying to play.

I noticed that this only happens to smaller artists though. For example, if i try to play something by Jacob Collier, it works perfectly fine. But when I play something from a smaller artist, it just plays a random song instead.

Is there a setting that I am missing? How do I make it not default to a random song that just so happens to be more popular than what I am trying to play?

Thanks,

Seth

HomePod

Posted on May 25, 2024 10:28 AM

There are no replies.

HomePod defaulting to popular songs/artists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.