Apple not accepting my previously used stored payment options.

Since the last update I noticed yes to that the settings app on my phone was informing me with that red dot 🔴 that I needed to change my payment option. I thought maybe it was a glitch, could still be I dunno, but I tried to enter the same card I’ve been using which is in good standing with my bank and apple is no longer accepting it. I tried my other bank card and it wouldn’t accept it either so finally I had to enter my credit card and it accepted that. Is it that apple is no longer accepting bank cards as a form of payment? Why the change on this. Anybody’s experiencing this issue since the last update 17.5.1?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 25, 2024 11:27 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2024 11:32 AM in response to Zava3

What is a “bank card”? Here are the card options→Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support. Apple does not accept or reject cards; the card issuer does. So if a card is rejected the issuer had a problem with it.

One possibility: Do you use VPN? If so, delete the VPN profile in Settings/General/VPN & Device Management/VPN. Don't just turn it off; delete the profile.

Apple not accepting my previously used stored payment options.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.