Is Wrist burn an issue with the Apple Watch ?

I’ve had my watch for just over a year, but I’ve been wearing older models for about 6 years now, everyday. Recently I’ve started getting burn marks, where my skin is blistering. Is this an issue with the watch? What can I do (obviously other than stop wearing it, as I use it instead of carrying my phone around at work and for tracking exercise etc)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 10

Posted on May 25, 2024 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2024 9:57 AM

Every Watch series is different from the one before it. Past experience has no bearing on your experience with this watch.

You aren't the only one, but you're one of few compared to millions of us who aren't experiencing this issue.

Burns can be classified by mechanism of injury, depth of burn in relation to layers of the skin, and severity of the burn. Common injuries are thermal, electrical, chemical, radiation, and nonaccidental.

Just saying that your watch caused a burn isn't a full diagnosis of the issue! What did your expert state was the type of burn and the cause of your particular burn?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2024 9:57 AM in response to Emma_raine_68

Every Watch series is different from the one before it. Past experience has no bearing on your experience with this watch.

You aren't the only one, but you're one of few compared to millions of us who aren't experiencing this issue.

Burns can be classified by mechanism of injury, depth of burn in relation to layers of the skin, and severity of the burn. Common injuries are thermal, electrical, chemical, radiation, and nonaccidental.

Just saying that your watch caused a burn isn't a full diagnosis of the issue! What did your expert state was the type of burn and the cause of your particular burn?

Is Wrist burn an issue with the Apple Watch ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.