One of the four speaker grills on my iPad does not emit sound

i recently bought the ipad air m2, 13 inches. i have noticed that out of the 4 speaker grills present on the ipad, only 3 seems to work snd emit sound, now i am not sure, if it is meant to be like this or something is wrong with the ipad . Any help will be appreciable. Thankyou.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 26, 2024 12:59 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2024 4:18 AM in response to arindam177

Don’t be fooled by your iPad Air seemingly having four speaker grilles. Your iPad Air has only two speakers - not four as found in recent models of iPad Pro.

Recent models of iPad Air have one speaker at top and bottom - such that what viewed in Landscape orientation, you will have a left/right stereo pair.

You can verify and compare iPad specifications here:

https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/?modelList=ipad-pro-13-m4,ipad-air-13-m2,ipad-air-5th-gen

As a point of interest, older models of iPad Air had two speakers on the bottom edge of the iPad - one placed either side of the Lightning port. For these models, with the iPad positioned in Landscape orientation, both speakers were to one side of the screen.

One of the four speaker grills on my iPad does not emit sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.