HomePod mini constantly disconnecting or pausing

I purchased 2 HomePod minis 18 months ago, and replaced a google nest that was gifted to me. I have been an Apple devotee for years, but I'm becoming disenchanted. These 2 minis have been nothing but severe frustration since I purchased them. I'm now attempting to use only 1 in the hope it may simplify things via my wifi. I've tried everything to make it work and when I finally was able to find an update for the speaker, I thought I found the solution - and for 1 glorious day I could listen to Apple Music ( with a new subscription) ,in the the thought that maybe it was my attempt at using Spotify(a non Apple app) through the Apple system.) Well it's been a week now and I'm back to square 1. My speaker keeps pausing and I have no ability to unpause. The Apple Music won't connect to the speaker, the HomePod app won't acknowledge the speaker. I'm not a wealthy person but I have put plenty of money into Apple over the years loving the design and simplicity of use, but Apple is not hitting that sweet spot any more with many of my products and I'm having thoughts about going over to the 'other side'.. APPLE, Are you there? Can you hear me?...Can you help??

HomePod mini, 17

Posted on May 26, 2024 3:04 AM

1 reply

May 27, 2024 3:36 AM in response to Frangipanis234

I am not Apple nor am I working for Apple, i am just an Apple enthousiast that has some IT knowledge

Try and restart the HomePod to see if the issues are persisting

1. Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
  2. Tap or click HomePod, then tap or click the Settings button.
  3. If you have two HomePod speakers set up as a stereo pair, select Restart HomePod. If your HomePod speaker is not set up as a stereo pair, select Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod. 

If you don't see an option to restart your HomePod, unplug it from power, then plug it back in and try again.

If HomePod still doesn't respond, reset it.

HomePod mini constantly disconnecting or pausing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.