Fathers Iphone 12 stolen

My fathers Iphone 12 got stolen on 7th April 2024. We put his Iphone on lost mode immediately with a lost display message through the find my phone section. We have also registered a police complaint. On 22nd May he got a phishing message saying his Iphone was found and can be tracked by clicking on the link & entering apple id and password. Unknowingly he got trapped by the message and gave away his apple Id and password. I know it was a mistake to give away the apple Id and password, but are there still any ways by which we can still be hopeful to find his Iphone?

Note: His phone has a pass code lock and face Id lock. We are still in control of the apple Id and have changed the password immediately on 22nd May itself. The device is still showing in devices/ find my section but with a message that it will be removed after 21st June.

Posted on May 26, 2024 11:21 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2024 11:37 AM in response to robben21

are there still any ways by which we can still be hopeful to find his Iphone?

Honestly, no. You have already done what you can. The cruel reality is that only a tiny fraction of stolen phones are ever recovered.

The phones that are recovered are not really stolen, they are phones left in the car, at a friend's house or a restaurant or shop with honest employees.

The device is still showing in devices/ find my section but with a message that it will be removed after 21st June.

If you did not remove the phone from the list of devices using the original Apple ID, then the bad buys who had the information to do this did. Sorry, but you will not be able to even "see" the phone after June 21.

Sorry about the sad news here, but there is just not anything to sugarcoat.

Fathers Iphone 12 stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.