Unable to connect to internet on my iPad

Was given an ipad Model A1397, running 8.1.3. Can't connect to internet (No Service or Searching). Can get some internet sites, but no Apple sites, so can't create ID or install the version 9.3.6 update.

iPad connects to some internet sites, but cannot reach Apple server to create new user id or install the waiting 9.3.6 version update. Have tried all troubleshooting found online - reset network, reset DSN, restart iPad, etc.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 26, 2024 1:17 PM

4 replies

May 26, 2024 6:35 PM in response to sberman

Thank you so much for the reply. I am trying a Wi-Fi connection unsuccessfully and there is no vpn or anti-virus on this device. The update seems to download, goes to “preparing update”, but then says “Software Update Failed, Error occurred downloading iOS 9.3.6” it goes to an error. Cannot set up an Apple ID (can’t access server), yet I can reach other websites. The cellular data is set to Verizon 18.0 but when I try to open it, it says equipment error, to reset device or call customer service. Don’t have a mobile data phone for this device, only texting.

Unable to connect to internet on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.