iPhone 15 Pro Weak Bluetooth Connectivity

I have hearing aids that connect to my iPhone 15 Pro. I have significant hearing loss on one side and I rely on my hearing aids heavily as well as the Bluetooth connection between my iPhone and hearing aids.

Ever since getting the iPhone 15 Pro I have experienced I can only describe as a weak Bluetooth connection with the iPhone. The problem that I am experiencing is that when I put my iPhone in my left pocket the connection to my right hearing aid either drops or experiences extreme intermittent connectivity. When I move the iPhone to my right pocket my left hearing aid experiences the connectivity problems.

I have three different pairs of hearing aids and all three experience the same issue. I can connect my hearing aids via Bluetooth to other devices (i.e. personal and work laptops and my Apple TV) without any issues so I have ruled out the hearing aids. I have performed Reset Network Settings numerous times, Reset All Settings, Erase All Content and Settings, and have taken it into Apple where they replaced everything but the case (essentially a new phone) with no changes and no improvement. I keep iOS updated in hopes that it is a software/firmware issue, but again no luck. Putting the iPhone15 Pro on a wireless charging pad or plugging it in doesn't seem to affect/improve connectivity.

I did have WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity issues with my iPhone 13 which is why I switched to the iPhone 15 Pro, but the Bluetooth connectivity issues I am experiencing with the iPhone 15 Pro are far worse than both the WiFi and Bluetooth issues I experienced with the iPhone 13 combined.

In order to maintain any sort of stable Bluetooth connection I have to have the iPhone 15 Pro in a mostly line-of-sight with both hearing aids. My ears don't seem to be enough of an obstruction. My suspicion is that the Bluetooth signal from the iPhone 15 Pro is too weak to pass through the human body (the human body is great at absorbing radio waves, ask any HAM radio operator).

Has anyone found anything, other than what I have already tried, that may fix the issue?

Posted on May 26, 2024 10:43 PM

4 replies

iPhone 15 Pro Weak Bluetooth Connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.