What items are included when I purchase an iPad?

What are included when I buy an iPad? Cables? Adapter?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 27, 2024 2:10 AM

1 reply

May 27, 2024 2:24 AM in response to kerstin279

Both the iPad model and the country/region in which the iPad is purchased will determine the items included.

In many countries, an iPad will include both an appropriate charging cable - and a Power Adapter. In some regions, such as Europe, recent models of iPad now include only the charging cable; a new Power Adapter, if required, is a separate purchase. You should note that in regions where a Power Adapter has not been included in the box by Apple, the product price in the affected region has been proportionally reduced.

This change to not include a Power Adapter is principally driven by eWaste legislation that is becoming increasingly widespread. If you are replacing an existing iPad (or other device) that has a USB-C charging connection, you may already have a suitable Power Adapter.

You can easily verify what you will receive by looking at Apple's website for your country. Each product has its own product page - that includes a description of precisely what you will receive in the box.

What items are included when I purchase an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.