Do I have a virus on my iPhone?

I recently went on some websites to save a picture from instagram. There are not any signs that my phone is 'infected' other than just steep drops in battery use graph ( the battery section in settings does not show any abnormal app nor do I have any apps that I do not recognize) and some glitches like for eg. the clock widget being white even after sunset, spotify not playing songs on mobile data etc, which a force restart fixed. A few weeks ago, the battery usage for the 'Last 10 days' reset on its own. A bunch of small things are just getting me worried that there's some kind of virus or malware? After reading a bunch of posts, I just cleared my browser, deleted the saved pictures and force restarted my phone multiple times but the battery drain is still persistent and I noticed there were few pictures in my gallery that were greyed out and said 'unable to load photo', though I have no idea what those photos were. That only happened once around the same time as the battery use resetting itself and after deleting did not happen again.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 27, 2024 2:45 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2024 2:51 AM in response to davidrichardson_

No. you don’t have a virus, iPhones are not prone to viruses

It could be that there is a temporarily software glitch going on tho, please force restart your iPhone to see if the issues persist

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the side button.

Do I have a virus on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.