Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ricoh Aficio MP1600Le - Trouble printing to this printer from iMac

Hello.

I am unable to print to the Ricoh Aficio MP1600Le printer which i was using until yesterday from my PC. I followed the Apple Discussions forum for help and downloaded a driver from the Ricoh's USA website, but after i print a document, the print queue shows the file passing to the printer and completes the print successfully.

But, I do not get any print from the printer. It just stays idle without any changes. Please help!!! Thank you..

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 6:04 AM

11 replies

Aug 25, 2010 8:35 AM in response to Sribashyam

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

The drivers from the Ricoh site are for those printers that have the optional PostScript module installed. Your description would indicate that the PostScript module is most likely not installed.

You will need to determine the printer languages that your printer can understand. You do this by printing a configuration page from the printer. If the configuration page shows that it can understand PCL 6/PCL XL, then you can install the pxlmono drivers for Mac OS X from http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosx/pxlmon o. Be sure to also download and install Foomatic-RIP and Ghostscript.

Aug 27, 2010 5:27 PM in response to a brody

a brody wrote:
Would you consider writing a tip on the user contributed tip page on more how this works? This might be helpful for others.

Do you have an idea or suggestion as to the scope of this hint? Do I limit it to Ricoh family of printers? There are other brands that this would apply to such as many Xerox printers. The problem is that there are some brands where only some of their models may offer a configuration page with printer languages.

Sep 2, 2010 9:51 AM in response to Sribashyam

Sribashyam wrote:
I could not print a config page from the printer, but looked at the tech specs of the product's page in Ricoh.com website and found the below details.

The general instructions for how to print a configuration page can be found at http://tinyurl.com/2a3vas2 More specific instructions should be available from your owner's manual.

Printer Languages:
Option1: PCL5e, PCL6, RPCS,
Option:Adobe Postscript3
Option2: DDST

The problem is that this listing does not indicate what printer languages your printer can use. If your printer only has the DDST option, you will not be able to use it with a Mac computer.

Without knowing what your configuration page shows, about the only thing you can do to troubleshoot the problem is to make sure that the driver you have set for the printer is "Ricoh Aficio MP 1600 PXL" and that you do not have User Codes enabled on the printer.

Sep 13, 2010 7:40 AM in response to Matt Broughton

Hey all,

Thank you so much for your help and hints on resolving my issue. I got hold of a techie from the Ricoh company and found my way out of the problem.

As MATT said, mine was a DDST type so I had to replace the printer's board to a higher version which supports MAC interface. I had to spend a bit though.

Thanks guys.!!

Message was edited by: Sribashyam

Ricoh Aficio MP1600Le - Trouble printing to this printer from iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.