My iPhone 12 goes into silent mode on its own. This happens 4 to 5 times a day.

When I want it in silent mode, it seems to take a reasonable effort to move the switch. I don't seem to be able to replicate the action or cause that puts is in silent mode, but it seems to take no effort for the phone to move the switch on its own. I'm baffled.

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on May 27, 2024 8:06 AM

1 reply

May 27, 2024 8:53 AM in response to harvmokarma

Focus and Do Not Disturb setup has been made much more flexible, but this has come at the cost of much more complication. To get it working again, do these steps ONCE:

• Tap Settings
  • Tap Focus
  • Tap on any Focus settings that you will never use and remove them (you can add them back later if you change your mind, and even create new, custom ones)
  • Tap Do Not Disturb
  • Tap People
  • Tap Allow Notifications From
  • If anyone is listed who should not call you when DND is on delete them; if you don’t want any calls from anyone, any time, delete all people
  • Tap the dropdown next to Allow Calls From and choose Allowed People Only
  • Optionally, tap on Apps, then Allow Notifications From and don’t add any apps.

All of the above is a one-time setup. After that, turn DND on or off with a quick tap on the Control Center DND button. You can optionally set one or more schedules by going to:

Settings/Focus/Do Not Disturb/Set a Schedule.

My iPhone 12 goes into silent mode on its own. This happens 4 to 5 times a day.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.