Premier Pro Rendering and Exporting Extremely Slow

I have the Apple Mac Studio with M1 Max chip and 32 gb RAM and 2 TB storage. In the past few months, it's been taking videos (1080p 60 fps 1 minute recap videos) that usually take a few minutes to render and export hours (6+) now. I thought the issue was with Premier Pro 2024 so I went back to using Premier Pro 2023 and that worked for a little, but now has the same issue. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? Additionally, I've also been having the same issue with Adobe Media Encoder.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 27, 2024 10:59 AM

2 replies

Jun 4, 2024 2:00 PM in response to Pharaohic

Can you verify, in both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder, whether the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine (Metal) or Mercury Playback Engine (Software Only)?

Metal should use the full power of the Mac GPU and be quick. Software Only would take a lot longer and probably run hotter.

I haven’t seen this problem on my MacBook Pro M1 Pro.

May 27, 2024 1:01 PM in response to Pharaohic

Hi, first off, how much free space is on your drive?

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

A report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Premier Pro Rendering and Exporting Extremely Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.