Old iPhone 3G with 6.1.6: "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

I have an old iPhone that I use for playing Pandora on my iHome. The phone is 3G with iOS 6.1.6. It suddenly stopped working after I temporarily unplugged it moved it to another room. I had to work to finally log in to the system and iCloud. But when I try to go to iTunes and access Pandora, or any Apps, I get the message "Cannot connect to iTunes." Please help. I love the iHome for playing music in my office and it's useless without that iPhone.

Posted on May 28, 2024 2:55 PM

3 replies

May 29, 2024 11:24 AM in response to Servant of Cats

It does have wifi. Does not work even when using the same network. It will download email, but not allow me to sign into iTunes Store or Pandora. It may have gotten into iCloud OK, but not the other Apps. I don't really use iCloud though.

I did change my Apple ID password a while back, but it had worked OK after that, and it does not seem to want to let me enter the new Password. Although I seem to have gotten back in temporarily with the new one.

May 29, 2024 11:40 AM in response to hillewe

Pandora requires an iPhone which is capable of running iOS 15 or higher, which your very ancient and obsolete iPhone 3G cannot run. I'm honestly surprised that it was able to do much up to this point. There isn't much you can do with such an antique phone at this point. iPhone 3G was released in 2008. There really isn't much anyone here can do to help you. And Apple won't even touch such an old phone such as a 3G.

The reality is, you have likely come to the day, when it's time to fully retire that device.

Old iPhone 3G with 6.1.6: "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.