Meross not working after 17.5.1

After updating both my iPhone and iPad to their respective 17.5.1, just about every Meross smart home device is failing to respond on the Home apps (including on macOS Sonoma 14.5). This includes the garage opener, the wall switch, the ambient light, and several wall plugs.

Note this is only the Meross devices. Other smart home devices from Eve, Nanoleaf, ecobee, and Wemo are all working properly and never stopped operating continuously.

I've reset and restarted several times every one of the Meross devices to factory default with no Home presence. While 1 or 2 have now worked, the rest including the garage opener and wall switch fail each time. One wall plug started working then regressed to not responding several hours later.

A search of and request to Meross support has provided nothing including a response. So I ask here if anyone has had the same issues and/or know of a possible solution. TIA

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 29, 2024 6:23 PM

4 replies

May 30, 2024 7:02 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes, I thought about that and rebooted both ISP router and the Home hubs. No change both to the problem devices nor the ones working properly.

Again, the oddity of it only being Meross devices is what makes me think it’s an issue on their end that requires a firmware update. I’d imagine it might be a problem with the devices ability to connect and maintain on the 2.4GHz WiFi network.

Thanks for the suggestion.

May 30, 2024 11:48 AM in response to Crozermur

Clutching at straws here, but if there is a difference between 2.4GHz and 5Ghz devices have you made sure that there is no security option blocking peer to peer traffic on the 2.4GHz network? I've sometimes seen these reenabled after a firmware update. You should make sure that you setup device only has credentials for your primary network and not any guest network, lest those credentials be passed to a device via iCloud Keychain, which would then be unable to communicate properly on your network. FWIW I have some Meross lights and sockets that, so far, still seem to be functioning correctly, but your hunch could still be right.

tt2

Jun 3, 2024 7:20 PM in response to turingtest2

I’ve been traveling but wanted to respond to your reply. I checked the mesh router network as well as the ISP router and all are in standard settings. Likewise, I switched to 2.4GHz only. Nothing has changed with any of our smart home devices and the Meross still won’t respond.

At this point I’m going to remove all the Meross devices from Home, delete any of their automations, remove from router access list, and hard reset to default. I’ll test how Home runs for a day or 2 to see if further devices fail. If not, then I’ll try a new install of each Meross, one at a time to test stability.

I’ll report findings here later.

Meross not working after 17.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.